TCF EXAM CENTRE
IFALPES is an exam centre for the TCF (test de connaissance de Français) IRN (Intégration, résidence, nationalité) and for the TCF general public. We organize sessions every month.
The TCF candidates we welcome need to validate their level of French for professional or academic reasons (study project in a French-speaking institution, job search…) or personal reasons (steps to obtain French nationality, for the resident permit…). The various TCFs are French tests delivered by the FEI, a public institution of the French Ministry of National Education.
No diploma or preparation is required to present the TCF.
TCF IRN – FOR NATIONALITY AND RESIDENT CARD
The Test de Connaissance du Français (TCF) for Nationality and Resident Card will evolve from January 2022. But if you have taken a TCF ANF or CRF until December 2021, the attestation of results will remain valid for 2 years as planned and you could use it for your administrative files. Instead of having 2 different exams, there will be only one called “TCF IRN” (Integration, Residence, Nationality).
The test consists of four compulsory tests:
- Oral comprehension (20 questions): Group test → duration: 15 minutes
- Written comprehension (20 questions): Group test → duration: 20 minutes
- Written expression (3 tasks) : Group test → duration : 30 minutes
- Oral expression (3 tasks): individual test → duration: 10 minutes*
*Actual interaction time (excluding explanation of instructions and assessment of the candidate
Total duration of the TCF Integration, Residence and Nationality → 1 hour 15 minutes
Please note that this does not mean that you will be on site for only 1 hour and 15 minutes. You must count the administrative part (signing in …). For the individual speaking part, each candidate has a different schedule. You will have all the parts of the exam on the same day, but when you register, you must allow the day to take the exam.
Information: The TCF Integration, Residence and Nationality results certificates must include a photograph of the candidate taken on the day of the exam. The test center will take a photo of the candidates during the tests. These will be deleted as soon as the results are given.
TCF TP – GENERAL PUBLIC
The Test de Connaissance du Français for all is intended for anyone who needs, for personal, academic or professional reasons, to assess and validate their mastery of French in a reliable and recognised manner. The TCF was designed to be presented by an audience of older adolescents (from 16 years of age) and adults.
The test consists of one compulsory test and two complementary tests:
- The compulsory collective test of comprehension (oral and written) and language structures (76 questions in the form of multiple-choice questions). This test lasts 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- The additional individual test of written expression (3 texts to be produced). This test lasts 1 hour.
- The individual complementary oral expression test (3 tasks). This test lasts 20 minutes.
2023 CALENDAR AND PRICE LIST
In 2023 the events will be organised according to the following schedule:
|Month||Exam Type||Exam Date||Registration Deadline*|
|March||TCF TP||21 March 2023||21 February 2023|
|March||TCF IRN||23 March 2023||23 February 2023|
Prices for 2023
|TCF IRN (Integration, Residency , Nationality)|
|Group test + individual test||150€|
|TCF GENERAL PUBLIC TP|
|Compulsory test (oral and written comprehension + language structure)||80€|
|Additional written expression test||40€|
|Additional oral expression test||40€|
To register for the TCF at IFALPES, you must:
- Print your registration form.
- Send us back by the post your completed registration form accompanied by a cheque made out to IFALPES corresponding to the amount of your registration. We ask you to fill in this form carefully and legibly, address : 14 avenue du Rhône, 74000 Annecy.
- You must indicate on this form the session of your choice. We ask you to respect the registration deadlines. If we receive your form after this deadline, we will contact you immediately to suggest a later date.
If you wish to pay by credit card, you can return your completed registration form by e-mail to [email protected]. As soon as we receive your form, we will send you by e-mail a remote payment authorization form to complete. Also, if you prefer, you may come by the school to do the registration.
- The week before the exam, you will receive by e-mail a convocation setting the time of the exam. As these schedules vary from one session to the next, we ask participants to plan a full day for the tests.
- Three weeks after the examination, you will receive your certificate by post at your home. (With the health crisis, the examination centre in Paris has to comply with new protocols when they receive examinations. It may take longer to get the results. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.)
Please note that exams are not marked at IFALPES. We are an approved TCF centre, so we administer the TCF, but we do not correct them on site.
Once the session is over, all the documents are sent to the exam management centre in Paris, France Education International (FEI), for correction. FEI then sends us the results for each session.