IFALPES, French as a foreign language school
IFALPES is a private higher education institution. We have been specialized for more than 30 years in teaching French as a Foreign Language (FLE) and welcome more than 600 students from all 5 continents throughout the year.
We organise language stays for adults or juniors, for groups or individuals, where students of all ages and nationalities come together in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
The quality of our courses is ensured by our team of very experienced teachers who are passionate about their profession. Our students are mainly accommodated in host families and we take particular care in the selection and evaluation of these families. Moreover, because we believe that the best way to learn a language is to immerse yourself in its culture and traditions, we offer a very rich program of cultural activities and relaxation.
IFALPES is located on the ground floor of a building. All our classrooms are wheelchair accessible as well as the common areas. The premises also have toilets for disabled people.
Marie is the IFALPES disability advisor. If you are concerned, she will be happy to welcome you in the best possible conditions.
Our centre for adults
- IFALPES is located at 8 minutes walk from the station and the historic centre of Annecy. Our school offers all the facilities to learn French in the best conditions.
Our centre for adults moved in early 2015 to offer even more comfort and space and greater proximity to the city centre. The site was completely renovated last summer. Since September, we have been welcoming our public to a brand new centre. Its warm atmosphere and modern facilities offer our students the opportunity to learn French in optimal conditions.
The centre has:
- 7 fully equipped and bright classrooms,
- High speed Internet access with free WIFI throughout the building,
- a relaxation area with a vending machine for hot drinks – coffee, tea, chocolate – and snacks,
- a private garden,
- a cafeteria area equipped with fridges and microwaves for lunch breaks,
- a resource room where you can borrow for free: novels, textbooks and French films to optimize your learning,
- tourist information: guides, brochures, newspapers, cultural programs.