Whether you need a visa to come to France depends on your nationality. For stays up to 3 months a tourist visa is normally acceptable, but please contact the French consulate or embassy in your country for more detailed information on this subject.
As soon as IFALPES receives your application we provide written confirmation of your provisional booking as well as an invoice. Once IFALPES has received full payment for your stay, we will send you a visa invitation letter (we need a copy of your passport for this), which should be presented with the booking confirmation and invoice to the French Embassy as soon as possible. You should present the original documents, so any special delivery charges (e.g. delivery by DHL, UPS…) incurred by IFALPES must be paid by you.
- If you are a student from the following countries and regions and need a long-term visa for your studies: Algeria, Argentina, Benin,Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros,Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Peru, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, South Korea, Syria, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, United States, Vietnam, it is mandatory for you to create an account on the platform “Etudes en France” :
This platform was set up to make all you enrollment procedures in a French higher-education programme easier. It is completely dematerialized and helps you follow your procedures up until the visa request. Just create an account and follow the instructions !
You still have to go through the platform to apply for your visa but you have to click directly on “I am accepted” then download the LSF booking confirmation, and also fill in the name of the school.
If you have any questions, your Campus France space is here to help !
If you wish to do a work-placement in France you will need :
- to fill in the online visa application form on the website: france-visas.gouv.fr
- an internship agreement stamp from the local prefecture where the internship takes place
- a document confirming your accommodation placement during the internship
- proof of subsistence during the internship (615 € per month)
Health insurance, ID photos and a passport valid at least 3 months after the date of return will be required.
To avoid problems, we suggest you ask for your visa a minimum of 4 month before arrival.
DID YOU KNOW THAT? If your visa is refused, IFALPES will return all your money minus the non-refundable 80€ registration fee.