7 tips to meet french people during your stay at IFALPESIFALPES
- Stroll on the local marketplaces and flee markets of the town and ask questions to the merchants, talk to the local shopkeepers everyday.
- Participate in language exchange events organised in several places of the city center: French/ English, French/ Spanish, French/ Italian or French/ German: you will have fun and productive conversations with native French speakers.
- Choose accommodation at a French host family.
- Go out in the many bars of the city center: in general, asking for someone’s opinion on a non-personal topic: travel, sports, music, movies, environment is always a good way to start a conversation.
- Ask people for help in the street rather than use your smartphone.
- Participate in the many activities proposed by IFALPES: for example when IFALPES organises a special evening in a bar: it is a good opportunity to meet up with IFALPES students but with some French people too.
- Go on practicing your favourite sport with French people in Annecy in the many sport clubs of the town, and attend sporting events together.