25 lessons of 45 minutes per week (i.e. 18h45)
= 15 group classes + 10 workshops
Classes alternate between mornings and afternoons every other day. Depending on the group you are in, you will have classes three mornings and two afternoons a week, or vice versa.
Aim of the General French course
- Improve your oral and written French using real-life, everyday situations.
- Work on comprehension as well as oral and written production.
- Acquire the vocabulary and grammar you need to communicate effectively.
Example of an activity
We offer dynamic, user-friendly teaching based on real-life activities.
Example of a classroom activity :
- A1: To learn how to order in a restaurant, the teacher suggests role-playing. The teacher plays the waiter, the student plays the customer.
- A2: “The statements game” Each student gives three statements about themselves, two true and one false. With the help of questions, the other students have to guess which one is false.
- B1/B2: To work on opinion, the teacher proposes a concrete situation: in a company, some employees ask for a smoking room, while others are opposed to the idea. At the end of the debate, a collective solution must be found.
Aim of the workshops
10 workshops: speaking practice, French culture, language reinforcement, phonetics and writing practice.
The workshops are dedicated to a specific objective and/or skill, offering activities to reinforce or practise French in more targeted contexts.
Examples of workshop activities according to level: phonetics, conversation, written expression, songs, practical French, press/TV, dictation/spelling, grammar reinforcement, French culture, cinema, etc…
- Before your first course, you will take an online written test to be placed in a group corresponding to your level.
- At the end of your stay you will receive a certificate summarising the duration of your course, the total number of hours of lessons completed and your general level of French.
The intensive programme is suitable for all levels, from complete beginner to advanced.
- If you’re not a beginner, you can join a class every Monday.
- We have sessions for complete beginners on various dates throughout the year. Please contact us for dates.