10 things to do for free in AnnecyIFALPES
- Visit the animated film museum. Annecy is famous by professional and amateur in the animated film domain because of its annual Festival in June. During the year you can visit this museum for free, it will explain and show you the various techniques to create an animated movie. At the end of the museum you even have the possibility to create your own!
- Cycle, skate or just walk on the green path around the lake. The green path is a very nice way to discover the lake’s surrounding! You can stop in all the different villages, beaches, landscape that the region offer.
- Every wednesday from September to June, you can watch a free concert at the Brise Glace musical complex by the Marquisats beach.
- Have a walk in the natural reserve of Le Roc de Chère located by the lake between Menthon St-Bernard and Talloires. This 200ha protected area offers many path, some of them goes by the lake where you can have a swim and chill in summer.
- Reach the Visitation Basilica that dominates the historical center. This imposing church has been built in the beginning of the 20th century and can be seen from kilometers around Annecy.
- Follow the Thiou river from the canal in the old town to the center of Cran Gevrier (Chorus). This path is a very nice walk to do with many parts of nature that make you feel sometimes that you re not in the heart of the city.
- Visit Annecy Castle and the Palais de l’Iles every first Sunday of the month from October to May. You can also see free guided tour of those museum on those days.
- Hike in the Semnoz mountain or in Mount Veyrier. Those are two hikes you can reach without needing a car as the starting point is from Annecy. One on each side of the lake!
- Dance every Sunday in summer at Le petit bal perdu in the european garden behind the city town hall! A dance floor, a scene with musicians and you re ready to go!
- Last but not least, enjoy the lake! Find a nice spot, swim in the water and look around you the amazing scenery of mountain and nature!
Highly recommended! I spent two months and now I can speak basic conversational french. Instructors really care about students learning to speak french. And they have a lot of extracurricular activities around Annecy. I am going back again this year!
Carlos E. (FB Reviews)
Great school in a beautiful town! Very good teachers. Will go back!
Kate G. (Google Reviews)